Coloured aquatint. 82 x 95mm. 3¼ x 3¾". Trimmed.
A view of the London Institution, Finsbury Circus, seen through an arch with three gentleman at a table in the foreground; horses and a carriage in front of the institute. It was founded in 1806 as an educational institution and preceded the University of London in making scientific education widely available in the capital to people such as the Dissenters who were barred from attending Oxbridge. The Institution moved to Finsbury Circus in 1815 and was particularly noted for the teaching of chemistry.
[Ref: 26440] £90.00