Petyt's Charity School. [&] Thomas Bryan, Esq.re [&] Luke Thomas Flood, Esq.e One of His Majesty's Justices of the Peace for the Counties of Hertford, Middlesex, &c.&c. [&] Chelsea Parochial Schools. Supported by Voluntary Subscriptions & Contributions.First Stone laid the 18.th June 1824, by Hon.ble and Rev.d Gerald Valerian Wellesley, D.D. Rector. Thomas Bryan Esq.r Treasurer.
Four images on one sheet; lithographs and engraving. Sheet 488 x 330mm. 19¼ x 13".
A charity school, instituted by William Petyt (1641-1707), Keeper of the Records in the Tower of London; [&] Thomas Bryan (d.1830), a treasurer of the Parochial Schools of Chelsea, a Justice of the Peace and Deputy Lieutenant for the county of Middelsex; [&] Luke Thomas Flood (d.1860) who was a great benefactor to the parish and carried out many charitable works in Chelsea; [&] the parochial school as apparently designed by James Savage on King Street, now St Luke's Street; the low wings occupied by boys' and girls' schools flanked residences for the master and mistress.
Longford [Images of Chelsea]: 419 [&] 421.
[Ref: 25903] £160.00