The Ferry at Brooklyn, New York.
Engraving. 208 x 274mm. 8¼ x 10¾".
The South Ferry Company was established on May 16, 1836 to connect Lower Manhattan to the Long Island Rail Road, newly-opened to Jamaica one month prior. Four years later, the Fulton Ferry Company, which then operated only the Fulton Ferry, merged with the South Ferry Company to form the New York and Brooklyn Union Ferry Company.
In the Victoria & Albert Collection.
[Ref: 25831] £50.00