Chicksands Priorg Maison de Chevalier George Osbourn sans le Province de Bedford.No. 5 des Jardine Anglois.
à Paris chez Guyot Graveur et M.d d’Estampes, rue St. Jacques au Grand Gessner No.9. [n.d. c.1790.]
Coloured aquatint and with etched outline. 200 x 235mm, 8 x 9¼". Framed. Unexamined out of frame, slight crease on left.
Chicksands, a Gilbertine priory founded c.1150. Bought by the Osborn family in 1576, it was remodelled by Isaac ware in the 1740s, and remained in the family until 1936 when it was sold to the Crown Commissioners. It is now a Grade 1 listed building. Published in a series of views of important English gardens.
[Ref: 25762] £360.00