To the Inhabitants of Nottingham & Nottinghamshire, This Plate of their justly celebrated Market Place is most respectfully inscribed by their obliged and faithful Servamt W. Dearden.
Published July 1837, by W. Dearden, Nottingham.
Mezzotint. Plate 324 x 451mm. 12¾ x 17¾". Cut right up to the plate, slight staining.
The Exchange Building standing proudly in the Market Square of Nottingham. The building was built to act as the meeting place of the Corporation of Nottingham, and it was demolished in 1926. A bustling street sceen with carriage, carts, dtreet vendors and people. The shop signs of each premises is clearly printed, allowing an identification of the various businesses in operation in the area at that time.
[Ref: 25006] £190.00