Uppingham.____ "Chapel Quad".
London, Published Nov.r 1.st 1892, by Mess.rs Dickinson & Foster, Publishers to The Queen. 114, New Bond St, W. Copyright Registered.
Etching. Plate 463 x 578mm. 18¼ x 22¾".
Uppingham School, Rutland, founded in 1584 by Robert Johnson, the Archdeacon of Leicester. Edward Thring, headmaster from 1853 to 1887, opened the first gymnasium in an English school and commissiones this Chapel, designed by the famous Gothic Revival architext G.E. Street.
[Ref: 24952] £220.00