Elevation.['Birches Green/ occupied by Brueton Gibbins' in ink mss. below.]
View of a substantial property in its grounds in the Erdington district of Birmingham; figures and a dog walking in the gardens. It was bought by Brueton Gibbins in 1819, a local business man and Quaker philanthropist who owned the Aston Glass and Flintworks. It was put up for sale by auction in 1848. The mansion was later known as 'Rookery House' and was purchased by the municipal council in the early 20th century to serve as a recreational park.
Birmingham Archives & Heritage: Sales catalogues/Robins Vol 2, p.21.
[Ref: 24612] £130.00