Garden Front of Archers (Late Downes) Royal Kent & Foley Hotel Malvern.Families boarded in private Apartments. Good Post Horses, with closed and open Carriages, Excellent Stables, for Horses ar Livery with commodious Coach houses.
Lithograph. Printed area 290 x 250mm, 11½ x 10".
An advertisement showing a view of the rear of the Georgian coaching hotel, built in 1810 by Samual Deykes to cash in on the new spa tourism. In 1830 it was renamed the Royal Kent Coburg and Foley Hotel, after the Duchess of Kent and the 12-year-old Princess Victoria visited and left their approval. Edward Archer, a local vintner, took over the hotel in the late 1830s, and his son John was in charge in the 1860s. Today it is the Best Western Foley Arms Hotel.
[Ref: 22928] £140.00