Divinity School Oxford [etched in plate to lower right.]
Etching. Plate 228 x 286mm. 9 x 11". Later impression.
The Divinity School is a medieval building and room in the Perpendicular style in Oxford, part of the University of Oxford. It was built between 1427 and 1483, and is the oldest surviving purpose-built building for university use, specifically for lectures and discussions for theology. The ceiling consists of very elaborate lierne vaulting with bosses, designed by William Orchard in the 1480s.
[Ref: 22571] £40.00