The Auxiliary S.S. 'Kent' 2300 Tons. G. Fairles Gibbs, Commander. Built & Owned by Messrs. Money ~Wigram & Sons, Blackwall.
London, Published Sepr. 20th 1876 by W.G.Foster, (son of W. Foster,) late of 178 Billiter St. Marine, Printseller, Publisher & Frame Maker 21 London St. EC.
Coloured Lithograph 460 x 295mm. faint paper toning from old mount.
Auxiliary Steam Screw Ship, built 1876 at Blackwall. In 1879 she was sold to the Marquis de Campo and renamed Barcelona, running between Cadiz and London. In 1885 she was sold to the Pinillos Line, a company formed in 1884 to sail between Barcelona and the West Indies and U.S Gulf ports. In 1888 she was sold to a Marseilles firm and refitted. 1896 saw her beached and broken having caught fire.
[Ref: 2205] £950.00