[St Helena.] View taken from the Road leading Towards the Plantation House.
[London: Colnaghi & Co, 1822.]
Coloured aquatint. Sheet 260 x 350mm, 10¼ x 13¾". Trimmed within plate, repaired tear and repaired holes. Faded.
Plantation House, the official residence of the Governor of Saint Helena, built by the East India company in 1791-2. Plate 5 from the rare 'Series of Views in the Island of St Helena' by John Kerr, Paymaster to the 66th Regiment, which had garrison duty guarding Napoleon on St Helena in 1816.
[Ref: 22000] £120.00