A View of the Palace of Chantilli taken from the Orangery. ~ Vue de Chateau de Chantilloi prise du Parterre de L'Orangerie
Published 12th May, 1794 by Laurie & Whittle, 53 Fleet Street, London.
Hand coloured engraving, image 225 x 405mm, 9 x 16". Laid on card in near-contemporary presentation by or for collector 'E J Myles'; inscribed to verso with his name (probably signature) in ink, and numbered '41'. Trimmed to plate; surface stain to lower right of image. Fine early colour.
Figures in the grounds of the Château de Chantilly in the town of Chantilly, France, to the north of Paris. Partially destroyed during the French Revolution and rebuilt in the 1870s, the chateau is now owned by the Institut de France, and houses the Musée Condé, which is one of the finest art galleries in the country. French translation of title lower right. Numbered '14' upper right. A copy of the print by Jacques Rigaud (1681 - 1754).
[Ref: 21757] £220.00