Terminé en 1832.
[Paris, n.d., c. 1840.]
Steel engraving. Sheet 185 x 270mm, 7¼ x 10½".
The new National Theatre at Warsaw, home of the National Opera, finished 1832 and opened with a performance of Rossini's 'Barber of Seville in 1833. Bombed flat in WWII, it was rebuilt in replica and opened again in 1965. From a painting in the collection of Leonard Chodzko (1800-71), a Polish historian active in the November Uprising of 1830 and the Great Emigration that followed it.
[Ref: 21333] £80.00