dans le Palatinat de Mstislaw Grand-duché de Litvanie...
Mangean imp. [Paris, n.d., c. 1848.]
Steel engraving. Sheet 185 x 270mm, 7¼ x 10½".
A view of the Roman Catholique church of St Stanislas, built 1794. From the collection of Leonard Chodzko (1800-71), a Polish historian active in the November Uprising of 1830 and the Great Emigration that followed it. Church of St Stanislas Malatycze, bears similarities with the architecture of St Peter's in Rome. The church was built and consecrated in 1794 by Stanislaw Siestrzencewicz-Bohusz (1731-1826), first archbishop-metropolitain of Mogil'ov, now in the Ukraine.
[Ref: 21330] £65.00