[Braxted Park estate map, with mss. additions about shooting stands.]
Heliozincographic map, overprinted in blue, with additional hand colour. Dissected and laid on linen, with marbled covers with Stanford label. 790 x 780mm, 31 x 30¾"
A sheet from the Ordnance Survey Second Edition, edited for use of the Braxted Park estate in Essex. These changes show the positions of the shooting stands and the names of the farms' tenants. In 1904 Braxted Park belonged to the Du Cane family: in 1919 it was sold to William Boulton, who then sold it to the Plessey Company in 1947, to be occupied by Sir Allen Clark, chairman of the company. Today the estate is now owned by a Clark family trust and managed by Sir Allen Clark’s grandson, Duncan Clark, as a country house venue, golf course and partridge shoot.
[Ref: 20866] £260.00