Das v. Vitzthum Blochmann'iche Gymnasial. Erziehungshaus.
Etching. Plate 190 x 533mm. 7½ x 21". Folds.
Vitzthum Gymnasium, Dresden. In 1639, Rudolph Vitzthum left a large quantity of money in his will for the creation of a secondary school. It was not established until 1829, called the Blochmannschen Erziehungsanstalt, run by Karl Justus Blochmann. In 1861 he school was designated the name Vitzhumsches Gymnasium.
[Ref: 20863] £140.00