A View of the Palace of Chantilli taken from the Orangery. ~ Vue de Chateau de Chantilloi prise du Parterre de L'Orangerie
Published 12th May, 1794 by Laurie & Whttle, 53 Fleet Street, London. [This impression c.1805.]
Copper engraving in fine contemporary colour by hand, wove paper. 245 x 415mm, 9¾ x 16¼". Evidence of some scuffing to colour in sky.
Figures in the grounds of the Château de Chantilly in the town of Chantilly, France, to the north of Paris. Partially destroyed during the French Revolution and rebuilt in the 1870s, the chateau is now owned by the Institut de France, and houses the Musée Condé, which is one of the finest art galleries in the country. Numbered '14' upper right. A copy of the print by Jacques Rigaud (1681 - 1754), in his 'Recueil choisi des plus belles vues des palais, châteaux et maisons royales de Paris et des environs'.
[Ref: 20735] £190.00