A Plan of the Fort and Bay of Frontenac with the adjacent Countries.
Engraving. 135 x 196mm. 5¼ x 7¾". Crease.
A map of the Northeast portion of Lake Ontario near the Iriquois River and Bay of Niaoure, showing exquisite detail. Built by the French in 1673, it was attacked by the British during the Seven Years' War. In August 1758, Lieutenant-Colonel John Bradstreet led a force of a little over 3000 from Fort Oswego to attack the fort, which contained a garrison of 110 men, who surrendered and were allowed to leave. The fort's supplies and nine French naval vessels were sized, and much of the fort destroyed. Bradstreet quickly departed before any French relief forces could arrive.
[Ref: 20345] £70.00