H.M S. Anson.To Comdr. Rendell [in pencil.]
Aquatint on laid paper, dedicated by the artist, 230 x 350mm. 9 x 13¾". Mild paper discoloration.
HMS Anson was a King George V-class battleship of the Royal Navy, named after Admiral George Anson. She was built by Swan Hunter and Wigham Richardson Shipyard and launched on 24 February 1940, being completed on 22 June 1942. Anson saw service in the Second World War. Charles Henry Baskett (British, 1872 - 1953).
[Ref: 20228] £220.00