Latus Insulae Bassae Orientale. The East syde of the Bass. 53.
Engraving. 266 x 420mm. 16½". Large margins. Fold vertically through centre, as issued.
Sea-view of the Bass Rock; Tantallon Castle on the distant shore. The outline of the fortress is to the left of centre on the rock. Bass Rock, or The Bass, is an island in the outer part of the Firth of Forth in the east of Scotland; it is famous as being home to a large colony of fowl, in particular gannets. Plate from John Slezer's 1718 edition of 'Theatrum Scotiae'.
[Ref: 20188] £140.00