at Windsor. The Petty Cannons Houses in the form of a Fetterlock of King Edw.d ye IV.th's Royal Badges.
[Society of Antiquaries, London. 1776.]
Copper engraving. Paper watermarked. Plate 317 x 477mm. 12½ x 18¾". Crease upper left-hand corner.
Plan of the entire building, one of the doors and part of the screen. The Dean and Canons of Windsor are the ecclesiastical body of St George's Chapel at Windsor Castle. From "A Description of Nine Historical Prints representing Kings, Queens, Princes, &c. of the Tudor family. Selected, drawn, and engraved, from the Original Paintings, by George Vertue, Late Engraver to the Society of Antiquaries of London. Republished by The Society, MDCCLXXVI. 1776."
[Ref: 20179] £140.00