Royal Toxopholites' Ground.
Published by Pittman, Warwick Square. [n.d. c.1836.]
Engraving. Plate 140 x 190mm. 5½ x 7½". Trimmed close to the platemark along upper and lower edge.
The Royal Toxophilite Society was established in 1781 by Sir Ashton Lever with a handsome building and ample shooting ground at Regent's Park, London. It was established to represent the two ancient bodies, "The Finsbury Archers" and "The Archers' Company of the honourable Artillery Company".
Ex Collection: Norman Blackburn.
[Ref: 20076] £50.00