Plan and Survey of Egham Race Course; in the County of Surrey; with Notes Referring to an Appendix; by Wm. Kemp.To His Royal Highness The Duke of York; This Plate, being No.6 of a Series of Surveys, of the Principal Race Courses in England; is most Respectfully Dedicated, by His most obedient, and very humble Servant, [facsimile signature:] Wm. Kemp.
London, Published by Sherwood, Jones & Co. Paternoster Row. [n.d. c.1825.]
Hand-coloured engraving. 216 x 280mm. 8½ x 11". Two vertical folds as published. Small tear into left-hand fold.
Egham Racecourse was situated in Runnymede Meadows from 1734-1884 before the racing was moved to Kempton Park, due to large gangs of London pickpockets invading the Egham meetings.
[Ref: 19557] £70.00