Captain John Woolmore, F.R.S. Deputy Master of the Trinity House.From a Painting which was presented to that Corporation by the Merchant Elder Brethren In testimony of their Appreciation of his Public and Private Worth.
London, Published July 20, 1833, for the Proprietor, by Mr. C. Turner, 50, Warren Street, Fitzroy Square.
Mezzotint. Plate 832 x 527mm. 32¾ x 20¾".
Captain John Woolmore (1755-1837), standing on a rocky shore in front of a cliff, wearing a coat with brass buttons, a dark necktie, holding a telescope against his body, his hat and gloves on a rock to the right, a sailing ship in the distance on the left. He was a captain with the East India Company and during his long career he sailed several East Indiamen to the Far East from London. He was also one of the leading figures behind the establishment of the East India Dock Company. He served as Deputy Master of Trinity House from 1825 until 1834.
[Ref: 19184] £420.00