Messrs. Pellatt & Green,St. Paul's Church Yard.
Hand coloured etching with aquatint, image 115 x 195mm. 4½ x 7¾". Offered with corresponding text leaves.
Glassware on display inside the showroom of Apsley Pellatt in the City of London. He was the inventor of the glass lenses, known as ‘deck lights,’ used for giving light to the lower parts of ships, for which he obtained a patent in 1807. From Rudolph Ackermann's 'Repository of Arts' periodical, published from 1809-1829. The formal title of the publication was "Repository of Arts, Literature, Commerce, Manufactures, Fashions, and Politics", and it discussed and illustrated day to day life, and influenced English taste in fashion, architecture and literature.
[Ref: 18964] £120.00