[Internal View of St. Nicholas' Chapel, Lynn.]
A scarce aquatint. Plate 503 x 400mm. 19¾ x 15¾". Crease outside plate to lower left-hand corner.
Francis Goodwin (1784-1835) was an English architect, best known for his many provincial churches in the Gothic revival style, civic buildings such as the first Manchester Town Hall and the Macclesfield Town Hall, plus country houses such as Lissadell House, County Sligo. Born at King's Lynn, Norfolk, a pupil of J Coxedge of Kensington and later a pupil or assistant of John Walters. He exhibited in the Royal Academy on 1806 an 'Internal View of St Nicholas' Chapel, Lynn'.
[Ref: 18913] £160.00