Etching. Plate 202 x 292mm. 8 x 11½". Vertical hold down centre as normal.
A view of Cranganoor with a river and ships in the foreground. The Cranganore Fort, also known as Kodungallur Fort, was built by the Portuguese in 1523. The Dutch took possession of it in 1661 and it belonged to the Dutch East India company, until it came unter the control of the Tipu Sultan who destroyed it immediately.
[Ref: 18431] £160.00