The Mariners Church, Welclose Square,Supplied by the Revd. G.C. Smith, and Ministers of Various Religious Persuasions.
Published for the Proprietors at 19, Welclose Square, East Smithfield & 105, Leadenhall Street. [n.d., c.1830.]
Rare Etching with aquatint, sheet 130 x 210mm. 5 x 8¼". Trimmed to plate; corners clipped, rubbed.
Exterior view of the old Danish and Norwegian Church, Wellclose Square, Stepney, which became the British and Foreign Sailor Church in 1845. The entrance gate to the church has a sign above it 'Mariners Church'. Figures in the foreground; Stepney is now in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets. Built in 1696, Caius Gabriel Cibber was the architect. The church was demolished in 1870.
[Ref: 18297] £85.00