St. Peter's Hospital Founded Octr. 2nd 1618.as rebuilt by the Fishmonger's Company at Wandsworth, Surrey. View of the North Front. Presented to the Livery of the Company by the order of the Court Augt 1, 1849. W.B. Touse. Clerk.
Large and impressive tinted lithograph heightened in white, sheet 360 x 535mm. 14¼ x 21". Tear on left, stain lower right
From 'Wandsworth', Old and New London, Volume 6 (1878): "On the top of East Hill stands St. Peter's Hospital (the almshouses of the Fishmongers' Company), removed hither from Newington Butts. The edifice, which was completed in 1851, occupies three sides of a quadrangle, with a chapel in the centre, and provides a home for forty-two poor members of the company and their wives. The chief entrance to the hospital is by massive gilded gates, on which appears the motto, "All worship be to God only." From a series of views submitted by the architect to the Fishmongers' Company.
From the Norman Blackburn Collection.
[Ref: 18218] £280.00