St Mark's College, Chelsea. South & East Sides of Quadrangle. Henry Clutton Arch.t _March, 1848.Preparatory School. Cloisters. Lecture Room. Cloisters.
Rare Coloured lithograph. 286 x 430mm. 11¼ x 17".
St Mark's College, which was established in 1841 by the National Society. The first principal was Derwent Coleridge (son of the poet Samuel Taylor Coleridge). Students were between 14 and 17 years olds, and were placed on three months of probation before being apprenticed to the National Society until they were 21. In 1923 St John's College and St Mark's were amalgamated to form one single college based in Chelsea, until later in 1973 they were moved to Plymouth.
[Ref: 18193] £180.00