[The Moravian Chapel and Burial Ground.]
Etching. Plate 127 x 203mm. 5 x 8". Slight discolouration from old mount.
William Walter Burgess [1844 - 1908] annually exhibited his etchings at the Royal Academy from 1874 to 1903. Burgess was a full member of the Royal Engravers and such major museums as The British Museum and the Victoria and Albert Museum, London, include his etchings in their permanent collections. The Fetter Lane Moravian Church, the King's Road, Chelsea, London. It was founded in 1742 by members of the Church who had come to London in search of passage of the British colonies in the Caribbean in order to take the Gospel to the slave communities. From: Bits of Old Chelsea. A series of forty-one etchings by W. W. Burgess. Kegan Paul & Co.: London, 1894.
Lonford: Images of Chelsea, 490.
[Ref: 18152] £180.00