The Light-house on Point of Air, Flintshire.
Published by Mess.rs Longman & Co. Paternoster Row & W. Daniell 9 Cleveland St. Fitzroy Square, London July. 3. 1815.
Coloured aquatint. Plate 228 x 298mm. 9 x 11¾". Slight stain in the lower margin, and into lower right-hand plate.
A view of the lighthouse, known as the Point of Ayr; the northernmost point of mainland Wales, at the mouth of the Dee estuary. The lighthouse was built in 1776 and stands on the Talacre beach at the entrance to the River Dee estuary. From William Daniell's Second Volume of "Voyage around Great Britain".
Abbey Scenery 16: 36.
[Ref: 18084] £120.00