Mausolee de Mucdoom, Schah Dowlut a Moncah sur la Riviere Soane. [The Mausoleum of Mucdoom Shah Dowlut, at Moneah, on the River Soane.]
Paris, chez Bance, aine, rue St Denis No. 214. Depose a la Direction generale de la Libraire. [n.d., c.1820.]
Very fine etching and aquatint on india laid paper, scarce, 430 x 590mm. 17 x 23¼". Water stain bottom left.
The Mausoleum of Mucdoom Shah is celebrated for its beauty; it was built at the beginning of the 16th century, in the reign of the Emperor Jehangire, by Mucdoom Shah, who was chief of the district. A small rnosque is attached to it, as well as a very considerable garden. The town of Moneah is situated on the east bank of the Soane, nearly at the junction of that river with the Ganges, about twenty-five miles westward from the city of Patna, India. A French copy of the plate by Thomas Daniell, R.A. (1749 - 1840) from his great 'Oriental Scenery' (1795-1808).
See Abbey Travel: 420, 13.
[Ref: 18013] £550.00