The Royal Panarmonion. King's Cross, New Road.
Wood engraving with text labels stuck on. Sheet 100 x 140mm, 4 x 5½". Trimmed.
The Royal Panharmonion Subscription Theatre was built during the reign of William IV, and was opened 1831, the first theatre in King's Cross. The following year it became The Royal Clarence Theatre, and between 1852 and 1867 it went by a number of names, including "The Regent," "The Argyll," and "The Cabinet Theatre." It was first used by Signor Gesualdo Lanza for his pupils. John L. Toole and Edmund Kean both acted here.
[Ref: 17953] £75.00