The Town of Dingwall.
London, Published by Smith, & Elder, Fenchurch Street, 1824.
Coloured aquatint. Plate 476 x 627mm. 18¾ x 24¾". Crease to lower left-hand corner.
Dating from the Vikings' arrival in Scotland, Dingwall, and its Castle was home to the once powerful earls of Ross, The Castle once being the biggest north of Stirling. Dingwall formerly served as the county town of the county of Ross and Cromarty. It lies near the head of the Cromarty Firth where the valley of the Peffery unites with the alluvial lands at the mouth of the Conon, northwest of Inverness.
Abbey No: 489: 34.
[Ref: 17815] £520.00