Yorkshire Hussars. To the Rt. Hon. The Earl de Grey, and the Gentlemen of the Corps, this Engraving is respectfully dedicated by their obliged & obedient Servants, The Publishers.Plate 4.
London, Published February 10, 1846, by Mess.rs Fores, at their Sporting & Fine Print Repository & Frame Manufactory, 41, Piccadilly, corner of Sackville St.
Coloured aquatint, framed. Plate 367 x 292mm. 14½ x 11½". Paper toning. Very fine.
The Yorkshire Hussars were originally formed as a volunteer cavalry unit of the British Army from 1794 until 1956. They started their career as cavalry soldiers during the French Revolutionary Wars.
Ogilby: 322: 4.
[Ref: 17731] £280.00