A View of Coombank, near Sevenoak in Kent, the Seat of the Hon.ble Lieu.t.Gen.l Campbell.
Printed by Carington Bowles, Map & Printseller, No. 69 in St Pauls Church Yard, London. [n.d., c.1770.]
Copper engraving. 175 x 270mm, 7 x 10¾". Corner creased.
Combe Bank, near Sevenoaks in Kent. It was built for General John Campbell by the architect Roger Morris, but when he became Duke of Argyll he passed the house to his younger son, Lord Frederick Campbell. He was a patron of the architect Robert Adam, and commissioned him to remodel the building. From "Twelve Views of Gentlemens Seats and Gardens by Woollett &c.".
[Ref: 16930] £150.00