Frontispiece to European Magazine V.41.The Entrance to Coade and Sealy's Gallery of Sculpture. of Artificial Stone, Westminster Bridge.
Published by J. Sewell Cornhill Feb.1.1802.
Engraving. Plate 197 x 126mm. 7¾ x 5".
Coade Stone was a moulded artificial stone material with a hard surface finish, used for many types of monuments and other objects during the eighteenth and early nineteenth century. It wasn't until 1799 that John Sealy was made a partner in the company and the firms stampe became Coade and Sealy.
[Ref: 16639] £60.00