A View of the Aviary and Flower Garden at Kew.
Etching, 305 x 460mm. 12 x 18". Fine impression, with full margins.
A pond surrounded by flower beds in the foreground of an aviary at Kew Gardens, with trees surrounding. Kew Gardens originated in the exotic garden at Kew Park formed by Lord Capel John of Tewkesbury. It was enlarged and extended by Augusta, Dowager Princess of Wales, the widow of Frederick, Prince of Wales, for whom Sir William Chambers built several garden structures. One of these, the lofty Chinese pagoda built in 1761 still remains. From Chambers's 'Plans, elevations, sections and perspective views of the gardens and buildings at Kew...' After Thomas Sandby (1721 - 1798).
British Library: 004870442.
[Ref: 16627] £320.00