Hoebridge Place, Woking.
Lithograph, sheet 345 x 510mm. 13˝ x 20".
Hoe(bridge) Place near Woking, Surrey, was once a favourite retreat for Lady Castlemaine, one of the mistresses of Charles II. It remained a private residence, latterly in the ownership of the Booth family, until the 1920s. In 1928, Hoe Place Preparatory School was established on the site and, in turn, became St. Michael’s School in 1962, owned by the Tame family. Since 1986 it has been called Hoe Bridge School.
[Ref: 15865] £130.00