Copper engraving. 102 x127mm. 4 x 5". Cut.
Sherburn is a medieval hospital located in a hamlet to the south-east of Durham. Founded in 1181 by Hugh de Puiset. It survived the Dissolution of the Monasteries and the associated closures of many hospitals and a new constitution was introduced by Act of Parliament in 1585 for the establishment of "The Master and Brethren of Christ's Hospital in Sherbourne near Durham".
[Ref: 15407] £65.00