View of the Wet Docks from Blackwall.
Coloured aquatint. Plate 273 x 412mm. 10¾ x 16¼".
This appears to be a view of the West India Docks completed in 1802. A Parliamentary Act was passed to enable construction of the new enclosed dock system on the Isle of Dogs (Stepney Marsh) and in 1799 William Jessop is appointed as engineer and designer. British Prime Minister William Pitt the Younger and Lord Chancellor Lord Loughborough attended the foundation stone ceremony on 12 July 1800.
[Ref: 15149] £230.00