Mr. Thomas Clark, Late of Exeter Change, Strand.
Stipple. 160 x 114mm. 6¼ x 4½". Cut and laid on separate sheet.
The Exeter Exchange (Exeter Change) was a building on the Strand, London. It was most famous for the menagerie that occupied its upper floors for over 50 years from 1773 until it was demolished in 1829. Thomas Clark was a longtime tenant who put the multipurpose hall to a new use, as a theatre for the one-man show of the elder Charles Dibdin.
[Ref: 15066] £50.00