Gloucester Old Bank.Jeremy Wood (ink signature below title.)
Lithograph. 382 x 281mm. 15 x 11".
James (Jemmy) Wood, Banker (1756-1836.) The Gloucester Old Bank, established in 1716, was one of the earliest private banks in England. He served as Sheriff of Gloucester in 1811 and 1813 but never held the post of Mayor due to the expense of holding the office. After his death, the Gloucester Old Bank was absorbed by the County of Gloucestershire Banking Company in 1838, which is turn was taken over by Lloyds Bank in 1897.
[Ref: 14455] £130.00