Ye Petyt House in Church Street, Chelsea.
Etching with artist's sun monogram, signed in pencil. Limited Edition. 155 x 145mm, 6¼ x 5¾".
A charity school, instituted by William Petit (1641-1707), Keeper of the Records in the Tower of London. William Walter Burgess [1844 - 1908] annually exhibited his etchings at the Royal Academy from 1874 to 1903. Burgess was a full member of the Royal Engravers and such major museums as The British Museum and the Victoria and Albert Museum, London, include his etchings in their permanent collections. This print was published in 'Bits of Old Chelsea. A series of forty-one etchings by W. W. Burgess'.
Longford: Images of Chelsea, 420.
[Ref: 13842] £120.00