Whitby Abbey, Yorkshire.
Published 31st. August, 1837, for the Proprietor, by Horne and Richardson, Booksellers, Whitby.
Sepia tinted lithograph, sheet 330 x 485mm. 13 x 19". Tear at right sheet edge; a fine impression overall.
Attractive and dramatic locally-published view of Whitby Abbey, a ruined Benedictine abbey sited on the East Cliff above Whitby harbour in North Yorkshire. It was founded in 657 AD by the Anglo-Saxon King of Northumbria, Oswy (Oswiu).
T. H. English Whitby Prints C17
[Ref: 13612] £140.00