Bishop's College, Near Calcutta. The Missionary Establishment of the Incorporated Society for the Propagation of the Gospel in Foreign Parts.
Aquatint. 365 x 220mm image.
Bishop's College, was established in the early 1820s by the first Bishop of Calcutta, Thomas Middleton, as part of a scheme for a theological college along the lines of that at Cambridge. It contained a chapel, houses, library and lecture rooms. It later became the Calcutta Engineering College. With the establishment of Calcutta University on January 24, 1857, the college was affliated to this university in May 1857.
[Ref: 135] £350.00