Royal Artillery Barracks, Woolwich. [&] Royal Military Cadets Academy, Woolwich.
London, Published by T. Fielding, 26 Newman Street, March 15th. 1820. [&] London, Published by T. Fielding, 26 Newman Street, April 20th 1820.
A pair of hand coloured aquatints, each 290 x 450mm. 11½ x 17¾". Very fine and rare pair.
The Royal Artillery Barracks at Woolwich in South East London is the "home" of the Royal Artillery. It is famous for having the longest continuous building facade in the UK as well as for having the largest parade square of any UK barracks. The Barracks were built between 1776 and 1802 on a site overlooking Woolwich Common. Their use by the RA ended with the departure of 16 Regiment, Royal Artillery in July 2007. The Royal Military Academy (RMA) at Woolwich, in south-east London, was a British Army military academy for the training of commissioned officers of the Royal Artillery and Royal Engineers. It later also trained officers of the Royal Corps of Signals and other technical corps. The RMA was founded in 1741. It was intended to provide an education and produce "good officers of Artillery and perfect Engineers". An attractive pair of views after George Fennel Robson (1788 - 1833).
[Ref: 13377] £950.00