Notice to Pilots. Trinity-House, London 11th. January 1825. It having been officially signified to this Corporation that a Flag of which the Drawing below is a correct Representation, will in future be displayed at the Fore-top-Gallant-Most-head ofRussian Men of War as a Signal that the Services of a pilot are required. Notice thereof is hereby given for the Information of all Pilots licensed by this Corporation who are directed to pay attention thereto. By Command of the Corporation, J Herbert Secy. [pen signature.]
The Corporation of Trinity House of Deptford Strond is the official General Lighthouse Authority for England, Wales and other British territorial waters; however it excludes Scotland, the Isle of Man, and Northern Ireland. It is responsible for the provision and maintenance of navigational aids such as lighthouses, lightvessels, buoys and maritime radio/satellite communication systems. Trinity House is also the official deep sea pilotage authority providing expert navigators for ships trading in Northern European waters. It is a non-departmental public body. The Corporation came into being in 1514 by Royal Charter granted by Henry VIII. The first Master was Thomas Spert, captain of Henry’s flagship Mary Rose.
[Ref: 13012] £130.00