Collegium Ste. Trinitatis [Trinity College].
Engraving, 450 x 560mm. 17¾ x 22". Centrefold as issued.
The College of the Holy and Undivided Trinity in the University of Oxford, of the foundation of Sir Thomas Pope (Knight), or Trinity College for short, one of the colleges of the University of Oxford. It stands on Broad Street, next door to Balliol and Blackwells, and opposite Turl Street. Six lines of description in Latin below image, arms of and dedication in cartouche to Spencer Compton, Earl of Wilmington (1673? - 1743), who became commoner of the college in 1690. From 'Oxonia depicta' by draughtsman William Williams.
[Ref: 12976] £280.00